Ragging free environment:
Important Information Eligibility
In compaliance with the supreme court directive,GWP ensures a ragging free peaceful environment. "Ragging is prohibited as per the decision of the Supreme Court of India's writ
If any incident of ragging comes to the notice of the authority, the concerned shall be given liberty to explain and is notfound satisfactory, the authority would expel her from the institution.
- » The punishment to be meted out has to be exemplary and justifiably harsh to act as a deterrent against recurrence of such incident.
- » Every single incident of rgging whre the victim or her parent/guardian or the head of institution is not satisfied with the instituional agreement for action, a First Information Report (FIR) must be filled without exception by the institutional authorities with the local police authorities. Any faliure on the part of the institutional authority or negligence or deliberate delay in lodging the FIR with the local police shall be constructed to be an act of culpable negligence on the part of the institutional authority. If any victim or her parent/guardian of ragging indents to file FIR direcctly,that will not absolve the institutional authority from recuirement of filling the FIR.
- » Court should make an effort to ensure that cases insolving ragging are taken up on priority basis to send the correct message that ragging is not ragging is not only to be discouraged but also to be deal with sterness.
- » In keeping with the goverment directive ragging in any forms,physical or mental,has been totally banned.
- » Passing improper comments about anybody and eve testing of all forms are strictly prohibited.
- » No student shall be allowed to attend classes/enter the main building unless she comes dressed in college uniform.
- » Smoking publically in the campus during and after college hours is strictly prohibited.
- » Wearing indecent clothes even after college hours is not permissible
- » Under no circumstances will girl students be allowed to loiter outside the hostel beyond 5pm.
- » students shouting angrily/quarreling or fighting among themselves in front of themain building will face disciplinary action.
- » Day scholar must leave premises after 5 p.m.
- » Students flouting moral norms and behaving outragously will be summarily rusticated from the college.
- » Destroying college property/tampering with parts of electric gadgets in labs and library will be treated as a serious offence.
- » Extorting money/bullying new students is a punishable offence.
- » Gossiping in the library is not allowed.